For Mother’s Day, here are some facts on motherhood:
- Less than 5% of babies are born on their due date.
- Babies born in May are the heaviest.
- The heaviest baby ever born weighed 22 pounds 8 ounces and was born in Italy.
- When a woman is pregnant, the amount of blood in her body increases by 50%.
- The average length of labor is 6 1/2 hours.
- Pain medication during childbirth was not accepted until Queen Victoria inhaled chloroform during the birth of her eight child, Prince Leopold in 1853.
- The average baby goes through 3360 diapers their first year.
- In the first year after birth, the average parent is deprived of 663 hours of sleep.