A patient in Kansas recently got a severe infection after ingesting rattlesnake pills.
The pills contained rattlesnake meat, and were purchased in Mexico.
The patient became ill, and was found to have Salmonella, an infection that can cause severe diarrhea and other complications.
Patients who purchase rattlesnake pills are told it will cure a variety of conditions including cancer, HIV, impotence, and acne.
Prior cases of Salmonella have been linked with rattlesnake pills.
The Health Department analyzed the DNA of the patient’s diarrhea, and found that it matched the Salmonella of the rattlesnake pills.